We are focused on a center-based curriculum that allows children to learn through play. Each center is designed to meet each developmental domain according to RIELDS.
Additionally, we have created our curriculum to focus on early math and literacy skills. We have adopted pieces of other curriculums to create unified and appropriate curriculum for all children to be successful. Children will be exposed to these concepts in the preschool classroom but will dive more in-depth during Pre-kindergarten.
- Writing / Literacy
Handwriting Without Tears
An early writing curriculum that encourages children through a multi-sensory approach.
The curriculum teaches multiple developmental areas of learning including:
- Alphabet Knowledge
- Color Recognition
- Early Writing Skills
- Early Math Skills
Early Math Program
- Supports developmental math standards for Kindergarten.
- Uses hands on activities to encourage critical thinking.
- Gives children the independence to facilitate their own learning.
- Uses a center-based format to involve the children.
- Allows children the opportunity to collaborate with peers.
Our center-based curriculum utilizes the following classroom centers:
- Block Area
- Art Area
- Sensory Exploration
- Dramatic Play
- Library / Literacy Center
- Discover or Hands on Area
FOR MORE INFORMATION…
Please click on the “Contact Us” button to submit a request for more information or give us a call in North Smithfield at (401) 356-1700 or in East Greenwich at (401) 398-0141.